Manouchehr Niazi’s first language is painting. A professional career surpassing six decades spans over 170 important group exhibitions and 84 solo professional juried exhibitions in galleries and museums around the world. Paris, London, New York, California, Florida, Sidney, to name a few, have hosted some of his successful exhibitions. Niazi’s paintings are also included in the private collections of public figures and celebrities, galleries and museums around the world.
Niazi was born in 1936 in Tabriz, Iran. He started to learn painting from well known contemporary artists at age sixteen. After graduating from Kamalol-Molk art school he soon reached higher levels of mastery creating valuable pieces. His art was steadily exhibited in solo and group exhibitions to the interest of critics and collectors with extensive acquisitions by museums of contemporary art.
Niazi is considered one of the Synesthetic Masters. In youth he studied classical music and opera, going on to perform as a baritone in various productions under the supervision of Evelyn Baghcheban and Fakhereh Saba. In manifesting his feelings on canvas and in composition, his deeply ingrained connection to classical music has forever been a source of expression, particularly the works of Beethoven, Giuseppe Verdi, Franz Schubert, Peter Tchaikovsky, Johann Strauss II, Giacomo Puccini, Johann Sebastian Bach and Wolfgang Mozart. The link between neuroscience and art is felt in the aesthetic experience that is a Niazi Masterpiece – his process a topic of study in the field of Cognitive Sciences.
The second phase of his career began with his trip to USA with group and solo exhibitions in top galleries including The Beverly Wilshire Gallery in Beverly Hills, California and The International Gallery Florida. During his twenty-three years in America he created significant works and held numerous exhibitions.
Throughout his professional life he has experimented with many styles from academic and classic styles to modern, until innovating his recognized signature styles fueled by a singular creativity. His works are predominately in oil and he is inspired by the problems and conflicts of the present age all over the world.
Selection of exhibitions
- 1983 - Private exhibition in John Peter’s residence private art gallery, California
- 1995 - Exhibition, Long Island Expo, NYC
- 1996 - Exhibition, NYC Fine Art Expo, NYC
- 1997 - Exhibition, Sunrise Gallery, NYC
- 1998 - Exhibition, Beverly Hills Gallery, Florida
- 1999 - Exhibition, Costellano Gallery, Milan, Italy
- 2019 - Group exhibition, "3rd anniversary Of Negar Art Gallery", Negar Gallery, Tehran
- 2019 - Group exhibition, "Collector 3", Artibition, Tehran
- 2019 - Solo exhibition, "Collection", Boom Gallery, Tehran
- 2019 - Group exhibition, "Collectionner 4", Artibition, Tehran
- 2019 - Group exhibition, "Exhibition 26" - opening of the gallery, Faam Gallery, London, United Kingdom
- 2019 - Group exhibition, "Borderless Era", Artibition, Tehran