Einoddin Sadeghzadeh was born in 1965 in Babolsar, Iran. He received both his Bachelor in Arts and Graphics and his Master in Arts and Illustration from Tehran University's Faculty of Fine Arts. A general look at his works reveals a stroke of the pen strengthened and refined by years of practice in the two fields of "Nastaligh" and "Shekasteh Nastaligh" calligraphy. Yet his art goes beyond Iranian calligraphy as we know it.
A closer look at his "siah maghsh", or calligraphy drills, reveals a search for new visual and a deconstruction of traditional forms and compositions. Experienced in multiple medias (ink, acrylic paint), it is with tar that Sadeghzadeh found a medium truly capable of translating his inner artistic quest. With his stokes of tar on canvas, Sadeghzadeh brings out the essence of calligraphy's spontaneity, thus anchoring his creative quest to that of Iran's great calligraphic tradition.
Selection of exhibitions
- 2007 - Iranian's Art and Culture House, Ottawa, Canaday
- 2008 - Russia Museum of Contemporary Art, Moscow, Russia
- 2011 - Iranian Calligraphers Association Gallery, Vancouver, Canada
- 2011 - Art Museum, Tirana, Albania
- 2012 - Day Art Gallery, Tehran, Iran
- 2013 - University of Delhi, India
- 2014 - Negah Art Gallery, Lavasan, Iran
- 2014 - Sohrab Art Gallery, Tehran, Iran
- 2016 - Behnam Art Gallery, Tehran, Iran
- 2019 - Group exhibition, "Exhibition 26" - opening of the gallery, Faam Gallery, London, United Kingdom